If you’re unfamiliar with electricity bills, then all of the numbers and jargon can be confusing. At Volterra Energy, we make understanding your electric bill as easy as possible. However, we know you might still have questions, and that’s okay! If you have any questions about a item on your bill or a charge, please contact us right away at 1-877-250-9983.
You might also find the following information helpful. We’re breaking down the items on your bill to help you better understand your bill and how residential electricity works.
How Electricity is Measured
Electricity is measured in kilowatt hours. You might see this listed on your bill as “kWh.” A kilowatt hour is a measure of electrical energy equivalent to a power consumption of 1,000 watts for one hour.
Your Electric Bill Glossary
These are terms you might see on your Volterra Energy electricity bill or a bill from any other electric company. You can find even more explanations at the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
● Base Charge: A flat fee applied each month regardless of the amount of kilowatt hour (kWh) used.
● Transmission and Distribution: This is the cost of delivering electricity to your location.
● Taxes: This is the city sales tax, determined by your local tax requirements.
● Energy Charge: This charge is calculated by the amount of kWh you have used in the previous billing cycle.
● Minimum Usage Fee: Volterra Energy never charges minimum usage fees, unlike our competitors. A minimum usage fee is when you are charged an additional fee when you do not meet the minimum energy usage requirement noted in your contract.
Still have questions? Reach out to us at any time! Our local customer service team is here to help.