The grill adds that special flavor to meats and veggies, but did you know that it also helps lower your electricity bill? If you have an electric stove, using the grill means you aren’t heating up your home and using an electric appliance. Summer may be ending here in Texas, but it’s never too late to spend an afternoon grilling. To inspire your inner chef, we’ve picked a few mouth-watering recipes that will have you mastering your grill skills in no time:
1. Marinated Grilled Shrimp—In under an hour, you can have grilled shrimp that don’t even need cocktail sauce. Try them with a side of grilled cauliflower to add in your daily veggies!
2. Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter—Corn covered in butter and cotija cheese. This is a special treat the whole family will love! This makes a perfect side for burgers or chicken.
3. Chili Chicken Garlic Skewers—Skewers are great for parties. They look great on a plate, but they don’t take much time to make. For something extra savory, try these chili chicken garlic skewers.
4. BLT Burgers—No summer grilling recipe is complete without a burger recipe. These burgers only take 15 minutes of prep time!
5. Ranch Burger—This ranch burger is perfect for any time of year. The sauce can be made two days ahead to save you time on grilling day.
6. Brussel Sprouts—If you think you don’t like brussel sprouts, think again! This recipe will make the green veggie your new favorite food and is a healthy side for any main dish.
7. S’mores Calzone—Finish off your meal with a s’mores calzone. These pockets of chocolate and marshmallow will be a hit with everyone.
What are you favorite recipes to cook on the grill? Share your favorite with is on Facebook! Like our page to keep up with special offers or start saving on electricity today by making the switch to Volterra Energy.